By Ian Ortega
You know those people who are like cult figures on Facebook. No one knows them that much in real-life but they command a celebrity status on Facebook. It’s like Facebook has propelled them to heights they’ve never thought possible. When you attack them on Facebook, you will face the wrath of their loyal friends and followers. Here are the Top Ten (10) Ugandan Facebook Celebs.
1. Joram kawira Lovins: His life stories are always full of humour and very original. He posts these as his status updates. He can attack anyone but always in a comical way. For Kawira, it seems girls like his updates before he even clicks post. When BigEye.ug began sharing his updates very few knew that much about him and he was scared about the limelight, as we speak, he is more popular than many Ugandan music artistes, he is now attached to the Laftaz comedians group after Prince Ehmah scouted him out. His biggest inspiration is his drunkard friend-Pok-Ot Ivan who inspires him to post silly, funny updates.
2. David Genesis: Call him the king of Luganda real life stories. He is the only guy on Facebook who can post a complete status update in Luganda and manage to get over 40 likes and 100 comments. Little is known about him except that he is a great enemy of Bebe Cool and has a daughter called Nakaliisa that Simon (Joram kawira’s son) would like to marry.
3. Richard Kleberson: The Gagamel Soldier and Bebe Cool fanatic commands his crowd. He rarely posts but when he posts, even if it’s a ‘fullstop’ girls and boys will rush to like and comment on his update. His timeline is full of Bebe Cool and Gagamel related information and adverts.
4. Tom Okwalinga: The government was even forced to request Facebook to reveal his true identity, a request that Facebook turned down. He is a rabid critic of the government and keeps on releasing the Ugandan insider information aka ugaleaks. He is currently the most followed anonymous figure on Facebook, a clone of Radio Katwe, he always has hot updates for every day.
5. Chris Lovins and His Sister: Chris Lovins and his sister Rachael are some of the most followed personalities on Facebook. Though sources reveal that Lovins became born again and toned down on his sexual innuendo posts, he did not lose his sense of humour. His sister on the other hand has a pulp of fans that always look forward to her posts and birthday parties. If you were to interview 10 random Facebookers, at least 3 of them would know about Chris Lovins and the sister.
6. Kaddu Yusuf: He was expelled from the Seminary but he is still in love with the Catholic Church as some of his status updates show. However, that’s not what makes him popular; he has stories that keep you glued to the next episodes. He writes some of them in series, e.g the drunkard season one. If he were to exchange his real life for the Facebook life, he would be the headlines in the gossip pages.
7. Pirez Young Dimes: Pirez Young Dimes is so popular that he even has a secret Facebook group named after him known as PYDF. Together with his girlfriend Nakubulwa Farie, they are one of the most popular couples on Facebook and they have kept their relationship for long. PYDF as a Facebook group organizes weekly parties, house-parties and football tournaments with other secret groups which you can’t find in your search results.
8. General Sweetman and Miley Tasha: Though the two have now faded and moved into serious business, they are still some of the occult-like figures on Facebook. At the time of his peak, Sweetman had girls send him phone numbers, directions to their homes and would request him to at least give them a kiss. He is now an entrepreneur, even though he still attracts over 50 likes on his Facebook updates just like his ex, Miley Tasha.
9. The Ssengas and Kojjas on Facebook: These ones are so popular because they teach the Facebookers about sex, they are so many that we can’t list down all the popular ones. They have helped connect singles and helped people improve their sex lives. However, some are crooks who are looking for horny men to devour.
10. Shamora Collins: This one seals the list. Though he sometimes borrows ideas from some Nigerian pages, he always makes the jokes identify with Ugandans and refines them to the Ugandan audience. However, most of his jokes are original and will relieve one of stress. He is about to strike the peak of fame on Facebook.
11. Roset Angel With-sin: This is actually a man running a Facebook account as a lady according to reliable sources. She’s popular because she potrays the image of a hooker online and posts nude photos of herself (photos got from Nigerian porn websites). It is believed that because of his trade, he/she has managed to grow to financial stability. Other sources, however, believe she’s a daughter of one of the popular member of parliaments who’s lucky to have been born into a rich family. She’s the only lady on Facebook who can talk of ‘come fuck my pussy’ and get away with it.
3 Reasons why the blame on Martha Kay and other women whose nudes leak is misdirected
By Bash Mutumba
In recent times, nothing excites Ugandans more than a leak of raunchy content; mostly the kind that involves a public figure. After the men recreationally finish the soap in their bathrooms, and the women envying and/or judging their fellow women’s bodies, the next step is usually to blame the victims of how irresponsible they are for letting their nudes leak, and often go on and on blaming them for taking these photos and/or videos in the first place. I’ll tell you why this blame is misdirected.
1. They don’t leak them themselves
In all honesty, of all the nudes and sextapes that leak, the ones that ask for them – who are also the only intended consumers – are usually the romantic partners, and it is very absurd that the blame is never laid on these particular individuals. The guy who leaked Zari’s video never paid for his sins, Desire Luzinda’s Nigerian lover was sure nothing would be done to him, Anita Fabiola’s offender too was never brought to book. Same applies to Judith Heard and now Martha Kay.
2. They are the victims
It is rather clear that cyber bullying isn’t something to joke about, as we have all witnessed friends and family succumb to depression after episodes of being bullied on social media. The best that can be done for such people is to show them they are loved, regardless of the betrayal they have faced at the hands of those they loved and trusted. Making fun, and threats of legal action and jail, aren’t the best words to tell to someone in a situation of being prone to mental health issues.
3. Ugandans should have rights to privacy
The whole essence of having mobile phones is privacy. They are not shared like landlines or pay phones, and the passwords therein, are ultimately to that effect. Ideally, every Ugandan should be able to take photos that empower them, without fearing that someone will encroach on their privacy.
I personally felt so sad when various people created fake pages in the name of Martha Kay just to get followers riding on her sorrow. It is needless to say, that we should spread love, not hate.
Finally, Development Channel boss writes to President Museveni
My name is Charles N. Lambert and I represent the global Pan-African quest for economic independence through an umbrella known as the “United Citizens of Africa” (UCA). I lead a strong army of over 500,000 subscribed believers in our cause of demanding Africa’s economic independence and the end of gross poverty in our continent. I have passionate followers in countless countries including but not limited to hundreds of thousands in Nigeria, thousands in Kenya, South Sudan, Senegal, Ethiopia, Ghana, Cameroon, Uganda, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. I can boldly say that I REPRESENT the present day Pan-Africanism in regards to the pursuit of economic independence for Africa, a thing we believe is expedient.
In case you have not observed Mr. President, you are the last remaining single individual in all of Africa’s 1.3billion people that has the foundation, the understanding and the experience regarding Pan-Africanism. We don’t just need you, we have travelled thousands of miles to Uganda just to find you and rest our pursuit on the grace of our ancestors which you have carried tirelessly for decades. YOU are the only reason why the base of our efforts has been set in Uganda because as the scriptures say “If the foundation be destroyed, what shall the righteous do?” Hence by default, you have no option than to embrace the fact that you are OUR LEADER and one which we MUST work with to fulfill the aspirations of our fathers who fought to set our various nations free from colonial oppression and begin a blue print towards our development as a people.
As you have narrated in the Mustard Seed, the economic pursuit of independence for Africa was to follow the political one but somewhere along the lines, something went missing. Your excellency Sir, we have gathered that which went missing and have the most comprehensive, robust, proven, pragmatic and sustainable platform consisting of 25 companies and backed up with unbelievable ideological followership that is guaranteed to crush anyone who stands in opposition to the cause. There is nothing that is remotely as comprehensive as what we possess in UCA and we have NO MATCH in leadership contention for the pan-African economic liberation movement be it with NGOS, governments, international agencies or private businesses- we are designed to LEAD EVERYONE. There is nothing that will belittle us as referring to us as just another investor in Uganda.
Your Excellency, our movement will practically and permanently ERASE all your nightmares as a leader. Scriptures says “Write the vision and make it plain upon tables that THEY MAY RUN THAT READS IT….” As you can see from the scripture, you have been writing, articulating, making it plain YET no one has bothered to RUN with that which you have written. There is a massive, irreparable disconnect between your ideals and the people to execute them which is most evident that despite the peace, the enabling environment and the countless ideas you give, Uganda was listed three weeks ago as the 3rd poorest country in the world by GDP. I do not believe you want to use another 30 years to discover that you MUST look at unprecedented platforms such as ours to serve Ugandans and Africans at large. The present statuesque does not work and the same people are telling the masses that YOU are responsible for unemployment, poor housing and gross poverty in the land when in actuality the reverse is the case.
We are about to move into the next steps of our Pan-African economic liberation movement and we are setting up a phone manufacturing plant in YOUR VILLAGE (Rushere, Rwakitura municipality, kiruhura district) by November 2018 and it will be the first place in all of Africa where mobile devices and IT products are made. This is an honor our movement has bestowed on you because you have stood for more than 50 years on the same ideals we now represent especially in regards to your position on “… benefiting foreign economies to the detriment of the local people” (Economic War proposed by you-President Yoweri Museveni in the 10Point Program). In all intentions and purposes, you are our father, my father. This is why we have set up the first tool for our first of 25 battles in your hometown and have vowed to foster your legacy to ALL of Africa so as to receive and maintain the grace of all the fathers of Pan-Africanism long dead.
In continuation of our commitment to Uganda BECAUSE OF YOU AND THE GRACE OF OUR ANCESTORS IN PAN-AFRICANSIM WHICH YOU CARRY, We are also set to establish a car manufacturing plant in Jinja, food processing in Gulu (I am excited to turn your value addition theory on coffee to living reality), a women empowerment oil and gas corporation in Masindi, a home construction institute in Soroti, the Black wall Street in Kampala, an e-commerce processing in Nakasongola, and so much more. I can guarantee you that given your support from this month of September 2018, that by January 2019, over 1 million jobs will be available in Uganda for the Youth with work assimilation training provided and wages exceeding your middle income projections for the country. Your Excellency, we can ERASE unemployment in Uganda in a twinkle of an eye given your support.
Your Excellency, it was you and NOT my humble self that called for a combination of “capitalistic and socialist ideals” in the building of the nation. We responded to your own ideas in our “Our child support program for Uganda” yet because you are not yet publicly on board with what we are doing, we have been oppressed by members of your own government, called various names including scam by your own police and harassed without mercy by your own government’s media (New Vision Group). This is the same program that is bound to give you countless international awards and recognition for the country! Your Excellency, we are tired of seeing our best intentions destroyed because of your silence towards our movement which the Ugandan people unfortunately do not have the slightest understanding about.
You cannot afford to leave us defenseless anymore among very uninformed and highly ignorant public as too much will be lost in the process including our planned Job seekers allowance for job seekers and the various other initiatives unheard of by any other country in the history of Africa. In summary, history is unfolding through our presence in Uganda to tap into your grace and we are employing you to embrace our platform, stand on it and lead Africa to economic independence through us. We are formidable, dependable and ruthless in efficiency.
Finally, just like the political independence was finally attained, we will attain economic independence for Africa and permanently delete our identity with poverty and death.
May God bless and keep you.
May God bless and keep Africa.
Your Ideological Son,
Charles N. Lambert
Founder & Chairman
United Citizens of Africa (UCA)
Development Channel (DC)
Great Uganda Initiative (GUI)
Opinion: If 1% of Uganda’s Population Started Mining Bitcoin, UEGCL Would Have To Construct A New Dam Every 2 Months
By Ian Ortega
It is now clear that there is no escaping the Bitcoin revolution. Bitcoin is here to stay, and so is Blockchain, the technology upon which Bitcoin runs. Yet even more scary is the power consumption that is used up in the Bitcoin mining process.
An individual bitcoin transaction is estimated to use up 300kwh of electricity, an equivalent of boiling over 30,000 kettles of water.
Current global Bitcoin energy usage is 0.13 percent of the world’s electricity consumption. According to Joel Bellenson, at Bitcoin’s current growth rate of 30% per month, Bitcoin mining energy consumption will exceed global solar energy production before the next Christmas. “It will take 25 months until Bitcoin mining completely eradicates human civilisation,” he notes. “25 months at current bitcoin mining energy growth rate of 30% per month before mining exceeds 100% of all the electricity on the planet.”
The bitcoin users are estimated to be peaking towards 18 million, as per those with a Bitcoin wallet. As per UETCL records, “Uganda’s peak power system demand currently stands at 500 MW against an installed generation capacity of 851.53MW.”
This implies, that if 1% of Uganda’s population were to start mining bitcoin, UEGCL would have to construct a new dam with the same capacity of Karuma every 2 months. And this should be a very scary thought for the Electricity bodies as Bitcoin could prove to be a bigger threat to energy usage than anything.
But is UEGCL prepared for such an eventuality? Would it cope if Bitcoin mining and transactions became the order of the day in the country? Probably this may not happen. And we could see a country coming to a total standstill. The country then may surely need to open up conversations about Bitcoin and Blockchain.
HOT RIGHT NOW
- Entertainment News1 day ago
Here’s What to Expect at 2019’s Nyege Nyege Festival (300 Artistes; 4 Days Nonstop Fun)
- Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
Beenie Gunter drops 25 track ‘No Fear’ album
- Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
Leaked: Comedy Store to fly in WIZKID in final show this year
- Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
Frustrated Winnie Nwagi fails to perform after payment
- Celebrity Gossip5 days ago
Nigerian Crooner Nonso Amadi gives special tribute to Radio Mozwey at Shorts Na Lessu
- Celebrity Gossip3 days ago
Coco Finger, Beenie Gunter lite up Gulu
- Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
Spice Diana seeks to revive OS Suna career in new collaboration
- Celebrity Gossip5 days ago
Photos: Club beer gives life to Masaka Street jam