MultiChoice and ESPN have announced that they’ve reached an agreement to provide DStv audiences across sub-Saharan Africa with some of the popular sport programmes broadcast on ESPN.
This is after ESPN notified MultiChoice that it will cease broadcasting its channels in Africa, Europe and the Middle East, effective 31 July 2013.
The programmes, some of which were partially broadcast on ESPN, which will now be available on the SuperSport channels, include:
• Golf: US Open Golf and PGA Tour Events
• Tennis: US Open Tennis tournaments
• NCAA Basketball: NCAA Regular season, conference and March madness
• NCAA Football: NCAA Regular Season and Bowl Championship
• Motorsport: NASCAR and Indy Car
• Boxing: Friday Night Fights and Big Fights Boxing
• X Games
• ESPN Films
MultiChoice will communicate the relevant channel number and broadcast times of these programmes to its customers.
MultiChoice is also in discussion with the relevant rights holders to acquire other popular sport programmes previously broadcast on ESPN. This includes basketball, baseball, American football and soccer.
MultiChoice will advise its customers if there are further developments in this regard.
Start making money online today with Bitcoin. Sign up here!