So… you’ve been cheated on. Here’s what you absolutely DO NOT want to hear after you’ve found out your guy’s been messing around.
1. “Everything happens for a reason.” Yes, blame this on fate. Except no – cheaters just suck.
2. “It happens to all of us.” No, it doesn’t happen to all of us. It happened to me and I’m the one dealing with the aftermath.
3. “You’re too good for him.” Sure, you’re with Jennifer Aniston on this one, and yes, you now know you’re too good for him, but you didn’t know that when we were five months in and talking about meeting each other parents while he was simultaneously dating everything that moved. Cut a girl some slack.
4. “I knew that guy was shady from the start.” OK, so he wasn’t totally transparent all of the time and his mystery got the best of you, but no one really needs this rubbed in their face when you had the same gut instinct all along.
5. “I never liked him for you.” Well if you thought he wasn’t good for me (aka he might cheat), then why didn’t you tell me what sooner?
6. “You know what you need to do? You need to stop thinking about him and take some time to focus on you – get a hobby, maybe.” No, I’m already busy enough with the life I lead – the last thing I need is a hobby. However, I could take this advice and get a massage.
7. “You should really get tested.” This statement, while it’s true, could be compared to pouring salt into your cheating wound.
8. “Just do you.” You’re always just doing do because you’re always doing things for yourself. Therefore, this suggestion is not helpful in the least.
9. “You need to stop going for the same kind of guy and be more open with your options.” So going for the ponytail-wearing type hasn’t boded well for you in the past, because women constantly throw themselves at him, but you can’t help that you like a man with amazing hair and a strong jaw. Fine, maybe go for a man with a strong jaw and a buzz cut next time.
10. “You’re too picky.” No I’m not, I just know exactly what I want and I’m not about to lower my standards.
11. “You just need take some time and heal before you start dating again.” Sure, you have a broken heart, but by no means do you need to stop dating and “heal” – take a day or two for you and then go out and get back on there, girl!
12. “I told you he was bad news.” What does bad news even mean? He was mysterious, which in turn made you interested, but he wasn’t doing drugs and robbing banks.
13. “The best way to get over a guy is the get with another!!!!!” This is also the best way to make yourself feel even worse in the end.
14. “Everybody cheats.” This is a generalization and it’s not true, so please stop stating as it’s so.
15. “You really had no idea?” You might have had a gut feeling that things weren’t exactly peaches n’ cream, but overall, no, I had no idea.
16. “It has nothing to do with you, it has everything to do with him.” It does have everything to do with him and his insecurities as a man, but it still doesn’t feel good to be told this over and over.
17. “Suck it up cupcake… just don’t eat cupcakes because you’re back on the market now.” I’m with Beyoncé on this one; don’t let your friends tell you when you can and cannot eat cupcakes – especially when you’ve just been cheated on.
18. “But was it like cheating cheating?” Yes! Cheating is cheating, whether it was him sending flirty texts (aka emotional cheating) or actually fooling around with another woman.
19. “Oh yeah, girl. We all knew but no one wanted to be the one to break it to you.” This is never an acceptable thing to say. You should always tell your friend what’s up, even if it might upset her initially – she deserves to know the deal.
20. “Was she really hot?” It doesn’t matter if she was hot or not, he still cheated and it still hurts.
21. “I wish I could help you, but I’ve never been cheated on, so I don’t really know what to say.” This is just a jerk thing to say; if you haven’t been cheated on, just lend an ear so your BFF can vent.
22. “He’s too hot not to cheat; women practically throw themselves at him.” Not all handsome men cheat, but thank you for planting this thought in my head.
23. “We all saw the signs. You just had blinders on.” Love is blind and this is probably true, but at the moment this isn’t helping.
24. “You need a drink – here’s some tequila.” Being cheated on sucks, but alcohol will only make it better for the first drink or two – then you’ll just continue drinking, get drunk, and start crying about how he cheated on you.
What you should say to your cheated on gal pal? NOTHING. Just listen to her vent, pass her a tissue, and take her out on the town.
Source: Graphic Online
Start making money online today with Bitcoin. Find out how here!