United Bank for Africa, Uganda (UBA), is pleased to announce the appointment of Chioma Mang as the incoming Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer (MD/CEO) of UBA Uganda. Chioma Mang has over 30 years’ experience in banking. Prior to this role, she was the CEO of UBA Gabon and UBA Liberia.
The new MD/CEO takes over from Johnson Agoreyo, who has been at the helm of the bank for the last 4 years.
Below are his key achievements as the Managing Director of UBA Uganda.
• Successful turnaround of UBA Uganda’s operation after 8 years of loss making to profitability. As at December 31st, 2019, UBA ranked 12th/ 25 in PBT and 15th /25 in liabilities in the banking industry.
• Strong Risk management and corporate governance.
• Improved Brand visibility and market perception of UBA in Uganda.
• Improved BOU rating to satisfactory.
• Obtained Bancassurance and agent banking licenses in Uganda.
• Growth of the Branch network from 9 to 16.
• Relocation of the Head Office to a more strategic befitting Corporate office.
• Won Various mandates including Fuel cards management and E-Voucher system for the government of Uganda.
• Increased Digital Banking play in Uganda with introduction of key products e.g. LEO Chat banking – a first in the market.
The new appointment represents further strategic recognition of the growth of UBA’s business in Uganda and its critical importance to the UBA Group.
Start making money online today with Bitcoin. Find out how here!