By Staff Writer
Prom night is the biggest night for any high school student. It’s one for the books and nothing can go wrong. From selecting the best outfit from many prom dresses or tuxedos to your date, this day carries many memories you’ll remember for life.
However, with so much to think about and plan for, many students end up ruining this day because they didn’t have a solid plan. No worries though. If you have a fast approaching prom night, this guide will offer you the tips to plan for your big day.
- Have a Budget
Prom is a big night and everyone wants to look good, but do you know what you’ll spend on? Chances are you’re too excited with a lot of ideas crossing your head you don’t know what to choose. This is why you must have a budget to list down all your expenses.
Afterward, you can find out what each will cost and whether it’s necessary. For example, take a look at the basics:
- Your Outfit – This is the most important item for your big day. For the ladies, you may want to pick from amongcheap prom dresses but still maintain a stylish and modern look. For the gents, a flashy tuxedo will do. As you go shopping, have a budget to help you stay on track.
- Makeup – It doesn’t whether you’ll do the makeup yourself or have a professional do it, a budget is important to avoid overspending.
- Nails – Pedicure or manicure, including these and other related costs in your budget.
- Jewelry and accessories – You need to accessorize your outfit with jewelry and other accessories, but don’t hurt your pocket trying to look good.
- Prom tickets – Many students forget about the tickets since they’re immersed in their outfit choice and other look-good factors.
- Dinner – Prom tickets differ depending on how much you can afford. Some come with dinner included while others don’t. If your ticket doesn’t include dinner, your prom group should identify a dining location, but make sure you can afford the place.
- Transportation –Having a prom group allows you to contribute to transportation costs. This will save the entire group of money compared to if everyone paid for their own transport. Besides, where’s the fun riding alone to a big night such as prom night?
- Boutonniere or Corsage for your date – This long-standing tradition carries from one generation to the next. Don’t forget about it.
- Photos – What’s a prom night without photos to mark the memories made? However, if you’ll hire a professional photographer for this job, consider the costs.
- Have a Prom Group
This group consists of your friends and it’ll help all of you overcome difficulties associated with planning for a prom night such as transportation, dining and timekeeping. You can create a Facebook group where the entire squad can communicate. This way everyone will be in synchrony.
- Synchronize with Your Date
You don’t want last minute rushes neither do you want arguments on the big day. To avoid this, start planning for the prom night with your date and agree on certain basics including transportation, your outfits, boutonnieres/corsages so you appear as one during the night.
- Make Necessary Appointments in Advance
This includes beauty treatments, booking your transportation and dinner. Making reservations and bookings in advance saves you money and time while avoiding disappointments.
Therefore, do this a month before the big day because chances are during prom season, many high schools may have same day prom nights. Furthermore, some services may book fast during this season.
- Get Your Parents Onboard
Just like you, your parents have been waiting for this day and it’s normal for them to want in on the action even if it’s just a photo session. Thus, loop them in on your plans and you won’t regret it. Besides, you don’t want them blowing up your phone trying to find out where you are.
- Enjoy Yourself
This is your big night. One which you won’t get to experience again. Therefore, enjoy the night to the fullest and don’t let small issues bug you. Before you freak out, ask yourself whether it’s worth your fun. These small issues will only affect you if you let them.
If you’re reading this it means you have all the tips required to prepare for your big day. Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean everything will go as planned. For this reason, it’s crucial to have a backup plan for everything. This way your prom night will go on smooth.
Miss Uganda 2019 search is on
By Our Reporter
The search for the next Miss Uganda beauty queen is on. This was revealed during a press briefing held at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel on Thursday.
Addressing media, Brenda Nanyonjo, the Kezzi Entertainment director and Miss Uganda CEO, said that registration kicked off on Monday. “We are looking for young and confident girls. On top of the usual attributes like age and height, we will also be keen on personality and character.” She said.
Like the 2018 edition, contestants will be scouted from the different regions across the country. “We will hold regional searches, but because we don’t have ample time, we will be scouting for contestants in two regions on the same day.” Nanyonjo noted.
The lucky candidates will then be heading to boot-camp on July 6th, before the ultimate winner is crowned on July 27 during a ceremony that will be hosted at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel.
Meanwhile, socialite Zari Hassan will return as the Miss Uganda 2019 patron and will also still be one of the judges. The socialite was among the judges of 2018 Miss Uganda beauty pageant where Abenakyo Quiin was crowned. Abenakyo went on to win Miss World Africa crown.
Bad Black’s Baby Daddy Jets Into Country; Current Boyfriend To Pose as Brother
By Staff Writer
Bad Black’s baby daddy to be is currently in the country. And she’s asked everyone to support her during these times as she siphons a million dollars out of him.
She has also relegated her current boyfriend to brother status. As such for all the time the baby daddy to be is in the country, Boyfriend will act as brother.
Jonah must be enjoying this drama.
Meet Nabongo, the Ugandan Girl Who Has Been to Every Country In The World
By Staff Writer
She is not a slay queen, that is why you may not know her. But she will be the first person in the world to have visited every country in every continent.
Jessica Nabongo is an American born Ugandan travel influencer who has been to 170 countries out of the 193 recognized by United Nations. She is left with 25 countries to go and all these she hopes to visit by end of 2019.
In North Korea for example, she could not travel on an American passport and had to use her Ugandan passport to gain entry. She is daring but above all, she is proof that the world is your oyster.
HOT RIGHT NOW
- Uganda News3 days ago
Funeral Photos of Hon. Kibuule’s Twins
- News2 days ago
Donald Trump to Visit Uganda In December on First Trip to Africa
- Featured4 days ago
Prophet Mbonye on Bobi Presidency
- Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
UK-based Ugandan model Arif Sempala reveals what it is like to work with Paul Pogba, Usain Bolt and J. Cole
- Featured3 days ago
Richest Pastors in Uganda and Their Businesses Revealed
- Entertainment News4 days ago
Photos: What you missed at the maiden ‘Buzz Dream Fair’
- Celebrity Gossip5 days ago
Alex Muhangi attends Trevor Noah daily show in the States
- Audios4 days ago
TV star Crysto Panda teams up with Mun G in new song — “Kampala Takoma”. Listen to it here!