By Staff Writer
Prom night is the biggest night for any high school student. It’s one for the books and nothing can go wrong. From selecting the best outfit from many prom dresses or tuxedos to your date, this day carries many memories you’ll remember for life.
However, with so much to think about and plan for, many students end up ruining this day because they didn’t have a solid plan. No worries though. If you have a fast approaching prom night, this guide will offer you the tips to plan for your big day.
- Have a Budget
Prom is a big night and everyone wants to look good, but do you know what you’ll spend on? Chances are you’re too excited with a lot of ideas crossing your head you don’t know what to choose. This is why you must have a budget to list down all your expenses.
Afterward, you can find out what each will cost and whether it’s necessary. For example, take a look at the basics:
- Your Outfit – This is the most important item for your big day. For the ladies, you may want to pick from amongcheap prom dresses but still maintain a stylish and modern look. For the gents, a flashy tuxedo will do. As you go shopping, have a budget to help you stay on track.
- Makeup – It doesn’t whether you’ll do the makeup yourself or have a professional do it, a budget is important to avoid overspending.
- Nails – Pedicure or manicure, including these and other related costs in your budget.
- Jewelry and accessories – You need to accessorize your outfit with jewelry and other accessories, but don’t hurt your pocket trying to look good.
- Prom tickets – Many students forget about the tickets since they’re immersed in their outfit choice and other look-good factors.
- Dinner – Prom tickets differ depending on how much you can afford. Some come with dinner included while others don’t. If your ticket doesn’t include dinner, your prom group should identify a dining location, but make sure you can afford the place.
- Transportation –Having a prom group allows you to contribute to transportation costs. This will save the entire group of money compared to if everyone paid for their own transport. Besides, where’s the fun riding alone to a big night such as prom night?
- Boutonniere or Corsage for your date – This long-standing tradition carries from one generation to the next. Don’t forget about it.
- Photos – What’s a prom night without photos to mark the memories made? However, if you’ll hire a professional photographer for this job, consider the costs.
- Have a Prom Group
This group consists of your friends and it’ll help all of you overcome difficulties associated with planning for a prom night such as transportation, dining and timekeeping. You can create a Facebook group where the entire squad can communicate. This way everyone will be in synchrony.
- Synchronize with Your Date
You don’t want last minute rushes neither do you want arguments on the big day. To avoid this, start planning for the prom night with your date and agree on certain basics including transportation, your outfits, boutonnieres/corsages so you appear as one during the night.
- Make Necessary Appointments in Advance
This includes beauty treatments, booking your transportation and dinner. Making reservations and bookings in advance saves you money and time while avoiding disappointments.
Therefore, do this a month before the big day because chances are during prom season, many high schools may have same day prom nights. Furthermore, some services may book fast during this season.
- Get Your Parents Onboard
Just like you, your parents have been waiting for this day and it’s normal for them to want in on the action even if it’s just a photo session. Thus, loop them in on your plans and you won’t regret it. Besides, you don’t want them blowing up your phone trying to find out where you are.
- Enjoy Yourself
This is your big night. One which you won’t get to experience again. Therefore, enjoy the night to the fullest and don’t let small issues bug you. Before you freak out, ask yourself whether it’s worth your fun. These small issues will only affect you if you let them.
If you’re reading this it means you have all the tips required to prepare for your big day. Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean everything will go as planned. For this reason, it’s crucial to have a backup plan for everything. This way your prom night will go on smooth.