Makerere University scraps 18 top courses from its curriculum, see full list
Charge Faster and Play More with the new P38 Pro. Find out more here!
By BigEyeUg Team
Makerere University has today Tuesday March 30, 2021, trashed over 18 top core courses from its curriculum.
The announcement came through the University Vice Chancellors’ office in a document dated 25th March 2021.
The University says that the listed fabled undergraduate programmes have phased-out and will not be advertised for the academic year 2021/2022.
It also notes that move follows the university council‘s approval of re-structuring of certain undergraduate programmes.
Below is the list of the restructured programmes:
* Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences
* Bachelor of Archives and Records Management
* Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
* Bachelor of Community Psychology
* Bachelor of Industrial and Organizational Phycology
* Bachelor of Arts in Development Economics
* Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication Engineering
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
* Bachelor of Environmental Science
* Bachelor of Science in Meteorology
* Bachelor of Development Studies
* Bachelor of Adult and Community Education
* Bachelor of Business Statistics
* Bachelor of Science in Population Studies
* Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Economics
* Bachelor of Science in Wildlife Health and Management
* Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Land Use and Management
* Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
The principals of colleges are reminded to submit curricula for the re-structured programmes for consideration by Senate as soon as possible and in any case not later than 15th May 2021.
This has raised a major concern among the alumni and interest figures of these scrapped courses around the world with majority condemning the move by the University.
We will keep you posted
What is TRENDING today? Find out here!