fbpx
Connect with us

Leader board

Entertainment News

Kony movie official screening a success amid grief for fallen lead actor

Published

on

You could win big cash with FortBet. Click here for more

By Staff Writer
It was all about pomp and glamor as ‘Kony-Order From Above’ movie was being officially screen on Friday.

The movie premiere took place at Century Cinemax Acacia Mall, Kisementi.
The highly attended screening started with red carpet and cocktail at around 6pm before sending revelers that included among others Tooro King Oyo Nyimba Kabamba Iguru and Aruu County legislator Odonga Otto to a fun-filled experience.
Steven Ayeny, the movie director thanked Ugandans for the overwhelming attendance.

“The movie Premiere was a success, people turned up in large numbers. It became so emotional and it was so hard to hold my tears. I apologize that there was a technical issue that was sorted. I want to thank Uganda, UCC, Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Phaneroo, UGarol, APT communications”.

“Wow it was amazing! People loved it and their response was so positive, King Oyo, some MPs, UPDF, UCC guys were all there. It was the powerful premier expected, the cinema hall was too full, some people stood, others sat on the carpet,” said Simon Nyahahuma, one of the people who watched the movie.

“Very Inspiring. By God’s Grace I am buying another 10 tickets for people,” a one Joe Rwabose noted.
Despite the excitement, a somber mood found its way into the hearts of the merrymakers when it was disclosed that the Kony role actor Chanpapo Godfrey was unable to evidence the successful story of the movie he acted; he passed on last year.
The premiere was also used to honour the fallen star. Chanpapo’s relative who described the deceased as a fighter revealed that he died of organ failure.

Ayeny described the actor as a man with so much talent, passion and calmness both on screen and in real life.”The screening became so emotional and it was so hard to hold my tears.” “So sad Mr Kony passed on. Very emotional moment at the end,” said Comfort Asimwe.
Meanwhile, the movie is still in cinemas for six more consecutive days till September 26, 2019.

Kony-Order From Above was selected by the Uganda Academy Selection Committee (USASC) as Uganda’s official entry for the 2020 Oscar Awards in the category of Best International film.
This marked the very first time Uganda is submitting an entry to the prestigious awards following the launch of the seven-member UASC in July this year.
Given out annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) in the United States of America (USA), the Oscars are an international recognition of excellence in cinematic achievements as assessed by the Academy’s voting membership.

According to Godfrey Musinguzi, UASC Chairperson, the seven day screening is part of the eligibility criteria, a selected movie needs to undergo ahead of the October 1, 2019 Oscar submission deadline for all country entries. “We implore all the relevant government agencies, cultural entities, the media and every Ugandan to support the film to meet all its outstanding requirements, including showing at the cinema for at least seven consecutive days, before the deadline,” said Mr Musinguzi in a statement dated September 11,2019.

Loading...
(Visited 1 time, 1 visit today)

Celebrity Gossip

Big Eye StarBoss rushed to hospital after Freedom City reject him

Published

on

You could win big cash with FortBet. Click here for more

By Staff Writer

Singer Big Eye has for the second time this year been pelted bottles while performing.

The second incident happened at Spice Diana’s concert this evening.

Big Eye has been rushed to hospital ajdy according to him, he suffers high blood pressure.

Loading...
(Visited 1 time, 1 visit today)
Continue Reading

Celebrity Gossip

Photos: Spice Diana fills Freedom city to the brim, gates close at 6PM

Published

on

You could win big cash with FortBet. Click here for more

By Staff Writer

There has not been a time concert gates close at 6PM, atleast not in Uganda. Spice Diana has today set record as the first artiste, male or female to close out fans at a time some concerts do not even have revellers. By 6PM all gates at Freedom city had closed and only those with table reservations were left to enter at their time of convenience.

The concert that is on going has had Freedom City management open the kids game side too to accommodate flooding revellers, even then, gate have been closed out on the public.

Spice Diana, who is still on stage must be smiling and both for her hardwork throughout the past year and to the bank.

Here are some photos taken hours back.

Loading...
(Visited 1 time, 1 visit today)
Continue Reading

Celebrity Gossip

Mbarara begs Chameleone for more after epic display at Signature Premium

Published

on

You could win big cash with FortBet. Click here for more

By Staff Writer

Jose Chameleone is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Mbarara witnessed the Legendary singer display a show to remember on Thursday night at a Johnnie Walker event at Signature Premium.

Chameleone who stepped on stage and had a round of his older songs made revellers who were earlier fighting for seats disowned them. They grooved and sang along to every song. Because the venue was smaller to accommodate all that wanted to attend, those that attended begged the singer to hold a major concert in their town. A plea the singer could heed to.

Loading...
(Visited 1 time, 1 visit today)
Continue Reading
Loading...

Facebook

HOT RIGHT NOW

%d bloggers like this: