If she thinks that he’s “The One”, women tend to stay with a man regardless of his behavior.
I’m a professional Matchmaker at Matchmakers In The City, and I date coach a lot of women who have been through it with a guy who they thought was “The One”.
One of the Bachelorettes who I date coached, Jennifer, exemplifies the situation that many women find themselves. She described Rob to me who had a pull on her for years, even when they only rarely saw each other. They met at work and began casually hanging out as friends, learning that they shared the common background of divorced parents.
This was the first time that she met a man who could deeply empathize with the pain that she had dealt with for years. He also had handsome features, athletic shoulders, and an arresting smile to top it off. But, to her dismay, he frequently flaked on plans, but she tried to act nonchalant to preserve their casual friendship that she treasured, even though she yearned to be more than just friends.
Eventually, they both recognized their intense attraction to each other at a party, their relationship entered into murky territory, and he ended up ghosting her. Through her friends, she heard stories of his excessive drinking and partying habits.
Hung up on the connection that they had together, she held onto hope that he would change and realize that they were made for each other.
Don’t be like Jennifer. Here are 7 signs that can help you detect your counter-fit soul mate, so that you can break up with him ASAP:
1. He’s unfaithful.
If he cheats, he needs alone time and a severe life change. Some women will defend their boyfriends saying that men, by nature, cheat.
As a professional Matchmaker, I will tell you once and for all: monogamy proves challenging for both men and women. Love is a choice, and he chose to fulfill his selfish desires and gratify his ego rather than to love you.
2. He’s “not looking for anything serious.”
Of course, you want to spend time getting to know each other, but after a few months, if he hesitates to make your relationship official (with titles), take note. This man may be too immature for the kind of fulfilling relationship that you want.
Figure out the kind of commitment that you desire, and he needs to step up or get out of line so that the right man can take his proper place. Ladies, stop selling yourself short. Refuse to wait around for years for a man who’s unsure of what he wants.
3. You’re afraid.
If you fear that it will be impossible to find another man who you’ll find so attractive or who makes you feel this way, listen up. You will. You will find the right man who you find extremely attractive, and he’ll make you feel beautiful. You also may have some fear that other men will fail to want you.
Maybe you put on a few pounds since you started dating, or a few years have passed, and time has taken its toll on your appearance. Rest assured that taking care of yourself and increased exercise costs a lot less than healing the emotional wounds that will continue if you stay with this guy.
4. He directs his potty mouth at you.
If a guy curses at you, demeans you, or is abusive towards you, even if it’s just for a few moments, it’s time to say goodbye. Of course, everyone has flaws, but a man who exhibits any of these behaviors towards you needs to leave. Separate from him before the abuse gets worse.
5. He flakes on you.
A few of our Bachelorettes have experienced the heartbreaking scenario of getting stood up by a man who they cared about and wanted to see again. After he missed their date, they felt tempted to continue to date him.
In this case, I advise women to use the fluke or flaw rule. He may have forgotten this one time (a fluke), or he flakes often and found something else more immediately gratifying to do (a flaw).
Remember, you hold the power; you can give him another chance to discern this character trait about him, but if this is a behavior pattern, give him up, girl. Time and time again, reliability reveals itself as one of the most important qualities of a good future husband.
6. He acts like he’s in middle school.
A man who lies clearly has low self-esteem. He thinks that he needs to put on a show for women to want him or to get anything that he wants. This also reveals that he has failed to mature to a place where he feels comfortable in his own skin.
In order for love to work, both people need to love themselves, make sacrifices, and commit 100 percent. A common game-playing tactic occurs when a man may try to hurt you since he believes that you did something wrong.
However, your relationship can only survive if you both choose to be the bigger person. Sure, you can, and should, lovingly tell your significant other if his actions hurt you, but revenge kills love.
7. He freeloads off of your success.
As many of our Girl Boss Bachelorettes affirm, they want a man who can hold his own and take care of himself. If you find that your guy depends on you for money and takes advantage of your success, it’s time to tighten your belt.
I have seen the heartache caused when women misidentify “The One”. Instead of a title that takes months of discernment, women may use it as a band-aid to cover the ugliness of their boyfriend’s actions.
8 Dumb things to avoid on a date
Who hasn’t tossed and turned in bed the night before a big date trying to account for all the things that could go wrong?
There’s nothing you can do about those things — which makes it especially important to get a grip on factors you can control, the self-inflicted catastrophes that are avoidable with a little sensitivity and awareness.
Here are eight dumb things to avoid like the plague:
1. Waiting and waiting and…: Write this down: There’s no such thing as a perfect man or woman. While you wait for one to appear, lots of people cross your path with whom you could have a perfectly good time — and maybe even fall for.
2. Texting at the table: Imagine you’re looking forward to dinner alone with someone you find attractive. You show up at the agreed upon time, and he or she has invited 12 others to join you — parents, siblings, coworkers — and given them permission to interrupt your conversation at any time. Ridiculous, right? Put. The phone. Down.
3. Flirting with the waiter/waitress: If you’re in the market for romance, it’s natural to have your antennae up and alert for possibilities wherever you go. But when on a date, turn off the radar and focus your undivided attention on the person — and potential partner — right in front of you.
4. Taking “casual” too far: It’s probably a good thing that society has eased up on the strict formalities of dating when our great-grandparents were young. But relaxed standards are no excuse for laziness. Don’t just “hang out.” Use your imagination to plan something fun and different. Don’t dress like you just came from the gym — put some effort into looking (and feeling) sharp.
5. Ignoring common courtesy: Some of those “antiquated” rules for dating, however, deserve a second look. In rejecting concepts like “chivalry” and “decency,” we’ve robbed ourselves of potent romantic opportunity. Discover for yourself how attractive old-fashioned good manners can be.
6. Talking more than you listen: Some people treat a date as an opportunity to reveal — in great detail — how fascinating they are. Make it your mission to do the opposite, to discover your date’s hidden dreams, talents, and goals. Give them the gift of being the fascinating one for a change — and they’ll remember you for it.
7. Breaking the (dating) speed limit: While it’s possible to cause problems by going too slow, the most dramatic crashes happen because you’ve hit the gas too hard, too soon. That’s when you’re most likely to confuse sexual sizzle with true love, or to ignore warning signs that the road ahead may not be as smooth as you hoped. Slow down and (safely) enjoy the journey.
8. Getting too personal, too soon: In most cases, the person you are dating is — or was until recently — a complete stranger to you. They don’t need to know your secrets, phobias, childhood traumas, medical issues, and most embarrassing moments right out of the gate. Establish trust before you open up about everything.
15 Ways to be the person others want to date
You may want more dates … or you may want better dates. You probably want dates with people who have the potential to be the love of your life.
Whatever the case, it’s wise to pause and ask if you’re doing all you can to attract the best.
To be sure you’re the kind of person other people can’t wait to go out with and keep going out with— here are some things to think about…
1. Act “as if …”: If you knew you would meet someone amazing this week, you would probably dress a little nicer and smile more. So do it, because it just might happen.
2. Make yourself feel attractive: Read a self-improvement book, buy a new outfit, get out and exercise, update your look—when you feel attractive, others will find you more attractive, too.
3. Initiate a growth spurt: You will be far more captivating to the opposite sex by continually growing, developing, and moving your life toward a big goal.
4. Check your must-have and can’t-stand lists: Those lists you made to evaluate potential partners are a good place to evaluate your own attractiveness.
5. Love yourself—so you can receive love from someone else: Don’t roll your eyes, this is so true! Having a healthy self-regard, and feeling comfortable in your own skin, sends a powerful message that you are ready to give and receive love.
6. Live with purpose: Everyone wants to be around a person who loves life and lives it fully. Discover what inspires and energises you, and go for it.
7. Project confidence: Since self-confidence is contagious, you’ll boost your odds of finding a partner if you become convinced deep down that you have a lot to offer.
8. Detox your emotional life: Toxic emotions — bitterness, regrets, shame — have a way of leaking out into actions and attitudes. Do whatever you can to work through damaging feelings.
9. Tell it like it is: Everyone appreciates a straight shooter, with no hidden agendas or sales pitches.
10. Let your enthusiasm pour out: Which would you choose—a date who has low energy and seems indifferent, or someone who is upbeat and optimistic? So would your potential dates.
11. Skip the snarky banter: Modern humour leans heavily on sarcasm and cynicism, which may work for stand-up comics and late-night TV hosts, but not so much for potential lovers.
12. Maximise your God-given assets: Look for ways to develop and utilise your talents.
13. Know where you’re going: If you don’t have a solid direction for your life, work hard to develop one.
14. Show genuine interest: Everyone has a story to tell and a desire to be heard. Make the other person feel worthy of your undivided attention. (Put the phone away.)
15. Leave exes out of the conversation: You’ve heard it before, but it bears repeating because it’s such a common complaint: No one wants to hear all the terrible details about your exes!
10 Tips on how to talk to a guy you like
Do you get all tongue twisted and shy when you talk to a guy you like? Do you find it hard to find the right words, and often come out with the wrong ones? Often, when we are trying to impress someone, we can get so nervous, that we forget all the things that we wanted to say. That’s why having a few tips on how to approach and talk to a guy that you like can be helpful. If you are prepared for what you are going to say, then it will be much easier to appear confident and you will be less likely to clam up, or gush out all the wrong things. Take a look at these tips on how to talk to a guy you like. They might help you start up a conversation, the next time you meet someone really nice.
1. Remember, men don’t really come from another planet
Despite all that you may have heard, men aren’t really all that different from women. Try not to think too much about the fact that it’s a man that you are talking to and try to forget some of those preconceived ideas you may have about what men are like. Men are just people, just like you, so relax and be natural, and you will find that they aren’t half as scary as you’d thought they were.
2. Mind your P’s and Q’s
Most guys prefer women who are polite and good natured, so lay off the bad language and try to be genuine. It might sound a bit old fashioned, but most men really do prefer a woman to be a lady and they don’t appreciate a girl who’s trying to be one of the lads.
3. Use your smile
Another great tip on how to talk to a guy you like is to use your beautiful smile. People naturally feel attracted to happy people, so use that smile of yours to get, and keep, his attention. Don’t grin manically him, that’ll just scare him off, but do laugh at his jokes and look like you are in a good mood. Men just can’t resist a girl with a beautiful smile.
4. Give him compliments
You are probably quite comfortable complimenting your female friends on their new dress or hairstyle, but have you ever complimented a man when you are talking to him? Men love to get a compliment too, but it’s usually better if you stick to complimenting on his sense of humour, or his sharp mind, than it is complementing him in appearance.
5. Make eye contact
This is one of the best tips on how to talk to a guy you like. When you do talk to a guy, look him in the eye when you speak to him. When you make eye contact with a person, it shows that you are being sincere and you have nothing to hide. Try not to let your shyness make you look away from him, because that could be read as a sign that you are bored and you want to get away.
6. Be a bit mysterious
Don’t reveal everything about you in one go because men like a little bit of a mystery and intrigue, it’s another great tip on how to talk to a guy you like and make him want to discover more. If he catches you smiling for no apparent reason, for example, he’s going to wonder what is amusing you. Leave him guessing and just say ‘oh nothing”, and his curiosity will get the better of him. The more questions you leave answered, without being annoying, the more he will want to hang around to learn more about you.
7. Don’t judge about other people
Men really don’t like to hear women talking badly about other people, so trying to start a conversation by criticising colleagues, or friends, is not a good move. If you are going to talk about other people, be positive, or, if you can’t do that, keep your thoughts to yourself. Not only don’t men like that kind of talk, you never know if the person you are being nasty about is a close friend of the guy you are talking to.
8. Touch him
The gentle, tender touch of a girl is something that few men can’t resist. Research has proven that men become very attracted to a girl that touches him, so the occasional light touch on his arm, or a hand on the shoulder, will go a long way toward melting the ice. Keep it casual and appropriate and you will soon find that his interest in you grows.
9. Don’t be afraid of short silences
Sometimes when you are talking to a man you will find that he pauses before he answers you. Don’t be worried by this and don’t but-in with more words. Guys do tend to think about what they are going to say more than women do, so he’s he probably just mulling over his response to your last comment.
10. Be yourself
The most important tip on how to talk to a guy you like, to bear in mind, is to be natural and be yourself. Relax, calm down, and try not to your nerves get the better of you. If you are genuine and honest, you will put the guy at ease and he will feel more comfortable talking to you too.
HOT RIGHT NOW
Local Business3 days ago
MTN announces new data rates
Featured4 days ago
Black Panther Breaks Domestic Box office Record.
Celebrity Gossip4 days ago
Nutty Neithan, Latinum to share stage at this week’s unplugged.
Celebrity Gossip1 day ago
Bebe Cool surprises DJ Slick Stuart with iPhone
Celebrity Gossip13 hours ago
Spice Diana has done it again
Celebrity Gossip4 days ago
Smart Djaba shoots ‘Show Them Love’ Video – Photos
Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
MTN Uganda to unveil Sponsorship of the Nyege Nyege Festival
Celebrity Gossip1 day ago
Singer Yvonne Mulugi, a rising star eyeing top spot.