Getting married to the one you have met through an arranged married set up or to someone you have been with for a long time is the biggest, newest and most beautiful change in your life. It’s the beginning of this wonderful new journey full of lows and highs, a time when new fond memories are formed and most importantly, a phase of life where you learn to give, become more responsible and get a sense of belonging.
But what happens when all of this happens in your early 20’s? Well, we tell you just that right here, right now, so read on!
#1. Your house is still pretty much like a bachelors pad
Because you both got married young, you have the same interests that you did before like partying, being awesome hosts, lying late in bed on the weekends and not caring much about how clean or not your pad is!
#2. Staying in at home on the weekends was never so much fun
You order in a pizza, some chilled beer and rent in your favourite DVD to watch at night. Could life get more perfect than this?
#3. You never have to worry about finding a date
Because you both are permanent dates for each other for life! And pretty hot ones if we may add. What a relief it is to not having to go on those dating sites to find yourself one, right?
#4. It is an extended honeymoon phase
Especially if you are in a nuclear family set up, you feel like you have moved in together and nothing else has changed. Night outs, romantic getaways, a lot of love making and everything that you did as bachelors.
#5. Discovering every single day with all its new opportunities together is bliss
And discovering new mature, adult things like paying bills, managing the accounts, taking some nice saving policies etc; all of this, everyday, together as a team!
#6. You have to get immune to criticism
If you don’t show a keen interest in marriage, they say why aren’t you getting married and if you do get hooked early, they aren’t happy with that too! So, you really can’t please them completely, can you?
#7. You can get totally drunk at a party and still reach home safe and sound
Because you know that even though you have had more than just a few drinks, your spouse is absolutely sober and will make sure that you will get home safe and on time.
#8. Your bond with your parents gets stronger
Because now that you have left their house to go start a family of your own, you miss having them around all the time like earlier, you realise all that they did for you and how you took all of that for granted.
#9. You realise that both of you are not the same people anymore
You have changed to become better versions of your previous self and watching each other grow as individuals, is a rather interesting and special thing.
#10. You are sure to be a hot and happening young parent
Because you got married early, if not immediately but you will plan to have babies in a few years. So obviously, you will still be young when the little one arrives.
#11. Your spouse is a part of your girly gang/ boys club
Because the two of you are very normal around your friends and don’t indulge in annoying couple-y traits. With your gangs, you are just two good friends like the rest of them. Also, you fit in with each other’s groups as you are more or less the same age group.
#12. Road trips are your thing
Because you are young, full of energy and relatively free, you strive for adventure and fun. So, whenever you get the chance, you pack some clothes, get into your cars and drive down for quick road trips either with your group or alone.
#13. You thought you would start cooking but ordering food becomes the new way of life
In your eyes, you are the master chef, but ordering and staying in bed is so much more convenient, isn’t it? So, on the days when you are not invited for a dinner, are out for a party or are having a fast, you prefer to order.
#14. You are striving hard to make your in-laws love you
You want to be your best version in front of them. Even if you disagree with something they say, you try to adjust and do everything possible to impress them (sometimes because you want to and other times because you have to!)
#15. Your pets are your children
You care for them as your own kids, your social media accounts are full of their pictures, you take them to the pet spa together, they are allowed on the bed and they are basically like your first toddlers.
8 Dumb things to avoid on a date
Who hasn’t tossed and turned in bed the night before a big date trying to account for all the things that could go wrong?
There’s nothing you can do about those things — which makes it especially important to get a grip on factors you can control, the self-inflicted catastrophes that are avoidable with a little sensitivity and awareness.
Here are eight dumb things to avoid like the plague:
1. Waiting and waiting and…: Write this down: There’s no such thing as a perfect man or woman. While you wait for one to appear, lots of people cross your path with whom you could have a perfectly good time — and maybe even fall for.
2. Texting at the table: Imagine you’re looking forward to dinner alone with someone you find attractive. You show up at the agreed upon time, and he or she has invited 12 others to join you — parents, siblings, coworkers — and given them permission to interrupt your conversation at any time. Ridiculous, right? Put. The phone. Down.
3. Flirting with the waiter/waitress: If you’re in the market for romance, it’s natural to have your antennae up and alert for possibilities wherever you go. But when on a date, turn off the radar and focus your undivided attention on the person — and potential partner — right in front of you.
4. Taking “casual” too far: It’s probably a good thing that society has eased up on the strict formalities of dating when our great-grandparents were young. But relaxed standards are no excuse for laziness. Don’t just “hang out.” Use your imagination to plan something fun and different. Don’t dress like you just came from the gym — put some effort into looking (and feeling) sharp.
5. Ignoring common courtesy: Some of those “antiquated” rules for dating, however, deserve a second look. In rejecting concepts like “chivalry” and “decency,” we’ve robbed ourselves of potent romantic opportunity. Discover for yourself how attractive old-fashioned good manners can be.
6. Talking more than you listen: Some people treat a date as an opportunity to reveal — in great detail — how fascinating they are. Make it your mission to do the opposite, to discover your date’s hidden dreams, talents, and goals. Give them the gift of being the fascinating one for a change — and they’ll remember you for it.
7. Breaking the (dating) speed limit: While it’s possible to cause problems by going too slow, the most dramatic crashes happen because you’ve hit the gas too hard, too soon. That’s when you’re most likely to confuse sexual sizzle with true love, or to ignore warning signs that the road ahead may not be as smooth as you hoped. Slow down and (safely) enjoy the journey.
8. Getting too personal, too soon: In most cases, the person you are dating is — or was until recently — a complete stranger to you. They don’t need to know your secrets, phobias, childhood traumas, medical issues, and most embarrassing moments right out of the gate. Establish trust before you open up about everything.
15 Ways to be the person others want to date
You may want more dates … or you may want better dates. You probably want dates with people who have the potential to be the love of your life.
Whatever the case, it’s wise to pause and ask if you’re doing all you can to attract the best.
To be sure you’re the kind of person other people can’t wait to go out with and keep going out with— here are some things to think about…
1. Act “as if …”: If you knew you would meet someone amazing this week, you would probably dress a little nicer and smile more. So do it, because it just might happen.
2. Make yourself feel attractive: Read a self-improvement book, buy a new outfit, get out and exercise, update your look—when you feel attractive, others will find you more attractive, too.
3. Initiate a growth spurt: You will be far more captivating to the opposite sex by continually growing, developing, and moving your life toward a big goal.
4. Check your must-have and can’t-stand lists: Those lists you made to evaluate potential partners are a good place to evaluate your own attractiveness.
5. Love yourself—so you can receive love from someone else: Don’t roll your eyes, this is so true! Having a healthy self-regard, and feeling comfortable in your own skin, sends a powerful message that you are ready to give and receive love.
6. Live with purpose: Everyone wants to be around a person who loves life and lives it fully. Discover what inspires and energises you, and go for it.
7. Project confidence: Since self-confidence is contagious, you’ll boost your odds of finding a partner if you become convinced deep down that you have a lot to offer.
8. Detox your emotional life: Toxic emotions — bitterness, regrets, shame — have a way of leaking out into actions and attitudes. Do whatever you can to work through damaging feelings.
9. Tell it like it is: Everyone appreciates a straight shooter, with no hidden agendas or sales pitches.
10. Let your enthusiasm pour out: Which would you choose—a date who has low energy and seems indifferent, or someone who is upbeat and optimistic? So would your potential dates.
11. Skip the snarky banter: Modern humour leans heavily on sarcasm and cynicism, which may work for stand-up comics and late-night TV hosts, but not so much for potential lovers.
12. Maximise your God-given assets: Look for ways to develop and utilise your talents.
13. Know where you’re going: If you don’t have a solid direction for your life, work hard to develop one.
14. Show genuine interest: Everyone has a story to tell and a desire to be heard. Make the other person feel worthy of your undivided attention. (Put the phone away.)
15. Leave exes out of the conversation: You’ve heard it before, but it bears repeating because it’s such a common complaint: No one wants to hear all the terrible details about your exes!
10 Tips on how to talk to a guy you like
Do you get all tongue twisted and shy when you talk to a guy you like? Do you find it hard to find the right words, and often come out with the wrong ones? Often, when we are trying to impress someone, we can get so nervous, that we forget all the things that we wanted to say. That’s why having a few tips on how to approach and talk to a guy that you like can be helpful. If you are prepared for what you are going to say, then it will be much easier to appear confident and you will be less likely to clam up, or gush out all the wrong things. Take a look at these tips on how to talk to a guy you like. They might help you start up a conversation, the next time you meet someone really nice.
1. Remember, men don’t really come from another planet
Despite all that you may have heard, men aren’t really all that different from women. Try not to think too much about the fact that it’s a man that you are talking to and try to forget some of those preconceived ideas you may have about what men are like. Men are just people, just like you, so relax and be natural, and you will find that they aren’t half as scary as you’d thought they were.
2. Mind your P’s and Q’s
Most guys prefer women who are polite and good natured, so lay off the bad language and try to be genuine. It might sound a bit old fashioned, but most men really do prefer a woman to be a lady and they don’t appreciate a girl who’s trying to be one of the lads.
3. Use your smile
Another great tip on how to talk to a guy you like is to use your beautiful smile. People naturally feel attracted to happy people, so use that smile of yours to get, and keep, his attention. Don’t grin manically him, that’ll just scare him off, but do laugh at his jokes and look like you are in a good mood. Men just can’t resist a girl with a beautiful smile.
4. Give him compliments
You are probably quite comfortable complimenting your female friends on their new dress or hairstyle, but have you ever complimented a man when you are talking to him? Men love to get a compliment too, but it’s usually better if you stick to complimenting on his sense of humour, or his sharp mind, than it is complementing him in appearance.
5. Make eye contact
This is one of the best tips on how to talk to a guy you like. When you do talk to a guy, look him in the eye when you speak to him. When you make eye contact with a person, it shows that you are being sincere and you have nothing to hide. Try not to let your shyness make you look away from him, because that could be read as a sign that you are bored and you want to get away.
6. Be a bit mysterious
Don’t reveal everything about you in one go because men like a little bit of a mystery and intrigue, it’s another great tip on how to talk to a guy you like and make him want to discover more. If he catches you smiling for no apparent reason, for example, he’s going to wonder what is amusing you. Leave him guessing and just say ‘oh nothing”, and his curiosity will get the better of him. The more questions you leave answered, without being annoying, the more he will want to hang around to learn more about you.
7. Don’t judge about other people
Men really don’t like to hear women talking badly about other people, so trying to start a conversation by criticising colleagues, or friends, is not a good move. If you are going to talk about other people, be positive, or, if you can’t do that, keep your thoughts to yourself. Not only don’t men like that kind of talk, you never know if the person you are being nasty about is a close friend of the guy you are talking to.
8. Touch him
The gentle, tender touch of a girl is something that few men can’t resist. Research has proven that men become very attracted to a girl that touches him, so the occasional light touch on his arm, or a hand on the shoulder, will go a long way toward melting the ice. Keep it casual and appropriate and you will soon find that his interest in you grows.
9. Don’t be afraid of short silences
Sometimes when you are talking to a man you will find that he pauses before he answers you. Don’t be worried by this and don’t but-in with more words. Guys do tend to think about what they are going to say more than women do, so he’s he probably just mulling over his response to your last comment.
10. Be yourself
The most important tip on how to talk to a guy you like, to bear in mind, is to be natural and be yourself. Relax, calm down, and try not to your nerves get the better of you. If you are genuine and honest, you will put the guy at ease and he will feel more comfortable talking to you too.
HOT RIGHT NOW
Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
Bebe Cool sets terms if he is to battle Chameleone.
Celebrity Gossip3 days ago
HIPIPO MUSIC AWARDS 2018 FULL LIST OF WINNERS
Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
New NBS presenter Douglas Lwanga could join Kenyan station.
Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
New city socialite King KC surprises wife with another car
Celebrity Gossip11 hours ago
Jose Chameleone speaks about his wife’s alleged nudes.
Celebrity Gossip11 hours ago
Bryan White and King Michael Face UGX 210 Million Lawsuit Over Torture of Lucky Costa.
Celebrity Gossip1 day ago
Audio producers organize charity drive to save Rinex.
Local Business5 days ago
Opportunity Bank rebrands